Thursday, October 2, 2014

Finding a reason

Since I have been re-evaluating my reasons for why I am doing everything, I have also been thinking about weight lifting.  I know it is something that I should do, but I never really liked weight lifting to begin with.  The reason I started weight lifting was because I had injured my foot and couldn't do cardio so it was weight training or nothing.  Now, that is not the case and I have to find a different motivation.  A lot of people weight train when they realize that the body they want comes from lifting weights.  That doesn't do it for me, I could be happy with just doing cardio.  There needs to be a good reason why we do the things we do and if we don't genuinely enjoy doing it, then there needs to be something that drives us.  We can white knuckle it for a while, but we can only hold out for so long.  Today I realized that my drive for doing weight training is because I like the results.  I like having a stronger body.  Having a stronger body makes my life easier.  It is easier to lift the kids, move around, run up and down the stairs, lift things, go places.  Having more muscle gives me more energy and makes me feel better and makes life better.  That is my new reason for doing weight training.  At the gym if you sign up for personal training within the first 7 days you get your enrollment fees waived.  I think I am going to sign up and have someone work on setting me up with a weight training circuit I can do at the gym.  I am going to do Chalean Extreme at home but it would be nice to be able to know what I am doing while at the gym so I could do a 30 minute strength training circuit there as well.

So I am off to go lift some weights, and I am super happy because tomorrow morning is 9:45 Zumba, and I couldn't be more excited!

That was the shirt I got from Beachbody after I finished Chalean Extreme the first time around.  Still waiting on my Turbo Fire shirt............

No comments:

Post a Comment