Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Weigh In

Today was pretty busy, and we spent the majority of the day over at my parent's house.  I didn't eat poorly, but I ate too much, particularly wheat.  My mom had bought crescent rolls which I never buy and I ate three of them today.  Not the best idea.  Then I ate pasta for dinner.  I've been thinking about gluten a lot over the past several months because my mom is allergic to it, and so is my Aunt Cindy and so is their mom, my Grandma.  So my family has a history of gluten sensitivity.  I am not sure if anyone has been diagnosed outright with Celiac disease, but many members on my mom's side have a food allergy to it.  Now I feel really sick and I am not sure it it is because I just ate too much or if it is because I ate so much gluten, but I can tell you one thing.  I am so tired of feeling sick and cruddy all the time.  I am so over this.  I am ready to do what it takes to not feel sick to my stomach every day.  I'm not going gluten free quite yet, but I think it would be a good idea to limit my intake of gluten just in case and see how I feel.  Maybe not eat gluten some days and eat more on others and see if that one particular thing makes me feel more sick.  It's hard to say today since I also had a fair amount of Diet Pepsi and overate.  But just overeating shouldn't make me feel like this.  I didn't even overeat any particularly "unhealthy" food.  Anyway, I'm done with this.  I'm getting off Soda Pop, it's just money down the drain and I know I need to be drinking more water.  I'm going to get off all the processed food and junk that I eat and make sure I eat more vegetables.  I bought some new cookbooks and I am excited to try the recipes in them.  I bought the kindle versions of the cooking light crock pot recipes and cooking light yearly favorites.  I am so tired of feeling bloated and lethargic and sick at night.  I am going to figure this out. 

I'm going to keep this handy and make sure I have these things on hand for snacks and easy meals: source
One thing I have got to try is the mashed cauliflower.  It's supposed to taste a lot like mashed potatoes... but it's pure vegetables! 

Anyway, I'm sure you are all dying to know what I weighed in at this week.  First I want to note my non scale victories and improvements. 1. I did a spin class this week!  I am excited to do more spin classes because it totally blasted my butt and thighs and that is where I carry a lot of my weight, so I know it is going to be excellent to mix up my normal routine and start training in the spin classes.  (Even though my butt currently hurts from sitting on the bike for only 20 minutes..... I haven't been on a bike in over 6 years).  2. I am 100% dedicated to sticking with my no more sweets decision.  If I had added sugar into the mix for what I ate today I would probably be puking in the toilet right now. 

And now onto my weight: 149.8

I am up a bit this week but I know that I binged on Thursday and on Friday we ate Pho at the Vietnamese restaurant, and whenever we eat Pho I am always up 2 pounds for the next two days because of the sodium in the broth.  Also, it's that time of the month.  So I'm not really worried about being one pound up from last week.  This is a new week, and I'm ready to start being the best I can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment