Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mid-Week

All week I have been feeling off.  My energy levels have been low and I know my eating hasn't been fantastic.  I have been eating too many chips at lunch and we had our Pampered Chef Team Meeting on Tuesday night.  We maid little pumpkin pastries, the best and easiest things ever!  Just take some flaky biscuits, place a little piece in the mini muffin pan, fill with pumpkin pie filling (with a little extra pumpkin mixed in) bake in oven at 375 for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Easy, fast, and oh so yummy!  Then they made those turtle pecan chocolates, which are basically a pretzel with caramel and chocolate and a pecan on top.  If you have ever been looking for a fast recipe for those all you have to do is put a rolo on top of a pretzel, bake at 375 for about 2 minutes until rolo gets soft and a little mealty, and then push a pecan half into the top and Viola!

Although I only ate two mini pumpkin pastries and two turtle pretzels, I am sure that the added carbs, fat and sugar didn't help.  So I approached my mid week weigh in with a little apprehension.  So yesterday I exercised twice.  I did Zumba in the morning and in the evening I went up to exercise again at Health Q with my sister.  Her husband, Robert has become an herbal life representative and the herbal life team has opened up a gym and they offer exercise classes absolutely free!
This is the link to his page
https://www.goherbalife.com/runklerobert/en-US

 

Too bad I don't live close by.  It took an hour and a half to get there (would only have been an hour if not for traffic), so unfortunately I probably will not be going back.  But it was lots of fun and I am glad I went to get in a different kind of workout.  My upper body and upper abs are really weak.  My lower body and lower abs are much stronger and my waist is very strong too.  Those are the areas that you work out most when you do Zumba so it makes sense to me that those are my strong points and the other places are weak.  I totally rocked the squats and lunges (there are lots of squats and lunges in Zumba) but I about died on the push ups and the planks.

Last night I tossed and turned, I woke up a whole bunch, maybe because I was so exhausted and I was pretty sore.  I am actually not feeling too bad this morning though and am contemplating exercising later in the day.  We will see what happens in the afternoon (hopefully the kids will sleep).  Thursday is typically the day I see my first drop on the scale during the week, so I am happy to say I scored a 159.6 mid-week weigh in!  Whoot whoot!  I am happy about that, to be under 160.  Now I can post my 160 pound post with picture.  Expect that tomorrow.

I plan on finishing out the week strong since I started the week rather weak.  So no more snacking on chips!  Hopefully I can get down to an even 159 that would be one and a half pounds.  I need to keep moving if I am going to make my 150 pound weight goal by the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment