Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 17th Weigh In

This week felt like a tough week.  I did reintroduce desserts back into my diet this week and while I only ate one dessert, I also had a few bites during our Pampered Chef team meeting and I wanted to taste the Halloween chocolate sucker candy that Julia bought for the kids.  I found that I didn't like the chocolate suckers and that I should stay away from pretzels covered in chocolate and caramel and topped with pecans.  Those turtle pretzels are sooooo good and of course they contain all high point foods, right down to the nut on top.  It was hard to only eat two of them, and even that was a compromise because I was planning on only eating one.

I was able to pick up my exercise this week even though I was still sore from falling down the stairs two weeks ago.  Three times I was able to complete a Zumba exercise and I went to go to the Herbal Life gym that Julia and Robert go to.  That workout kicked my butt!  I was sore for three days, and lucky it wasn't longer.  I think that exercising again on the third day after the workout helped get the remaining kinks out of my muscles.

This morning I weighed in at 159.2, losing 1.3 pounds last week.  That is still good weight loss, but after six weeks of 2+ pound weight losses I was a little disappointed.  It was very exciting losing 2+ pounds every week!  But I am learning how to live healthy, and I am not willing to give up desserts for life, so I will learn how to live with them and develop a healthy relationship with them.

I have noticed that I no longer crave sweet thing.  I don't constantly think about when I am going to get my next dessert and how I am going to get it.  I don't raid the chocolate chips or Lily's potty candy just to satisfy a craving and for the most part I don't even think about it anymore!  Today is my sister-in-law's birthday, so I will be allowed to have one modestly sized piece of birthday cake and that will be my dessert for the week.  There are not any other special occasions this week so I don't have to pick and choose which event to eat dessert at.  I am happy with the progress I have made and I am never going back to the old me who is a slave to sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment