Monday, November 11, 2013

Victory Never Tasted so Sweet

I decided to finish out last week strong and continue with my no sweets rule until we could find a decent time to get cake this week.  I didn't think it was particularly practical to eat cake at 10am.  So today I ate some of the best chocolate cake I have ever had in my life.  We made sure my celebration cake was the best, you might remember my mention of the dutch bakery in my last post.  So here it is:
Absolutely amazing isn't it :)   Of course when I first saw it I was thinking in my heat "I should have told Matt to get more because I am going to want to eat lots more!"  Quickly followed by "No, only one serving, I have set out to change and therefore one serving of cake will be plenty."  Turns out I needn't have worried.  Being off of sugar for so long must have made me more sensitive to it.  That combined with the richness of the dessert resulted in me not even being able to finish the piece I had!  I was quite surprised when 3/4 the way through the cake I stopped eating and realized that I actually didn't want anymore.  Guess who ate the rest of my cake:  Chloe!  She loves to eat.  Lily thumbed her nose up at it, picky eater.  She doesn't need chocolate cake anyway. 

The past few days I have been feeling very hungry for reasons unknown to me.  I haven't changed what or how much I have been eating over the past few weeks and Chloe hasn't been nursing any more or less.  (If she were nursing less and my appetite went up I would be concerned).  So the past several days have been very difficult for me since I have been wanting to eat a lot of food, and not very good food either.  I have found myself getting into the chips mostly and eating twice as much as I intended to eat with my meals. 

I must get back on track and get my salty and crunchy snack cravings under control or I won't be losing this week. 

On a happier note, I found the best crock pot recipe because it is the easiest recipe I have ever seen!  It is from my new favorite blog: http://www.runsforcookiesrecipes.blogspot.com/
It is the Southwestern Chicken
1 pound chicken
1 can rice
1 can black beans
1 cup salsa
Place in Slow Cooker and cook on low 6-8 hours or High 3-5 hours.  I think that adding a TBSP of the Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning on top of the chicken gives it the extra flavor that it needs.  Without the seasoning, it is a little bland.  Serve over rice and if you have the calories/points you can sprinkle a little cheddar cheese on top.  I ate mine without cheese and it tasted great (especially after I added the southwestern seasoning.  I love that stuff!)

And here is a picture of this amazing meal, with lemon broccoli on the side

Well, now that the kids are in bed, I should take advantage of this time and get a child-free exercise in.  Maybe that will shake off this fatty feeling I have (probably a result of the cake), and prepare me for the scale in the morning.  I know I should only weigh myself once a week, but it is hard to resist checking my progress throughout the week and seeing where I am at.  I try not to weigh more than every other day least I get addicted to the scale, which I suspect I already am.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment