Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 2 Points equivalents and other details

So I thought I would break down the points values of the shakes for any inquiring minds out there.  I sure found it interesting.
You can make the shakes with milk or water, I made my shake this morning with milk and it came out nice and creamy.
3 points plus for 1% milk
3 points plus for two scoops Herbal life protein drink mix
2 points plus for two scoops Herbal Life Formula 1 meal replacement mix

So my morning shake was 8 points plus.  It came out very creamy and yummy.  In the afternoon I tried making the shake with almond milk, and in the afternoon I use the personalized protein powder instead of the protein drink mix.
1 points plus for almond milk
1 points plus for personalized protein powder
2 points plus for two scoops herbal life formula 1 meal replacement mix

That makes the afternoon shake 4 points, but I thought that it was thinner and tasted a little bit more watered down since Almond milk is thinner.  Today I changed that up and made the shake with regular milk in the afternoon.
3 points plus for milk
1 points plus for personalized protein powder
2 points plus for two scoops formula 1


Now the reason why this is important is because you need to know the value of your shake so you can plan what you are going to eat for snacks and dinner without going over your points plus values for the day.  I like to eat Greek yogurt for snack and depending on the flavor and amount it is either 3 or 4 points plus. I also love salad and I made a large salad yesterday so that I can eat it the rest of the week.  I just filled it up with lots of veggies and if you put balsamic vinegar on it instead of salad dressing then you can get a whole lot of roughage for 0 points!  Not wanting to have a repeat of yesterday where I lost all my energy about 1pm, I added a salad with my lunch.  It was probably about 2 points plus because of the black olives and turkey I put in it yesterday (and I had about a tbsp of salad dressing which tends to be 1 point per tbsp). 

Tonight I ate leftover chicken from yesterday and I realize I forgot to post the recipe.  That is because it is super easy.  Simply sprinkle four 4-oz chicken breasts with salt and pepper, grill about 6 minutes per side until done. (I used the Pampered Chef gill pan on my stove since we have yet to buy a real grill.)  Cut 20 black olives in half and one cup of cherry tomatoes.  Place in skillet over medium heat.  At 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar and oil salad dressing and cook about 2-3 minutes.  I didn't have salad dressing so I just added 2 tsp vinegar and 2 tsp olive oil.  Then place 1 1/2 tbsp of the dressing over the chicken (again I used 2 tsp vinegar and 2 tsp olive oil.)  This makes 4 servings so you are only getting 1 tsp olive oil per serving which is 1 points plus value.  When the chicken is done, add the olive and tomato mixture to the top and sprinkle with feta cheese (i didn't have feta cheese but I did have Gargonzola cheese and it tasted great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment