Monday, December 23, 2013

Resisting the Scale/ Very Hungry Day

It would have been so easy to step on the scale this morning, and I had to consciously choose not to.  It was very difficult since I have made a habit out of it, and my mind kept thinking to "oh, I need to go weigh myself.  No!  I am not weighing myself today."  Even after breakfast when I hopped into the shower, I had to pull myself away from the temptation to weigh myself.  It was not an easy task and I kept wondering what I would weigh today.  This is how the scale draws me in.  I wonder how much I weigh, if I am more or less or the same as yesterday, is my hard work paying off, have I gone down yet, what if I weigh more than yesterday, what then? 

Well, none of these questions and mutterings in my brain were answered today, and it really didn't change how I ate today.  Actually the hardest thing for me today was that I seemed to be in a hungry mood.  I have been hungry all day long and it doesn't matter how much I seem to eat, I am still hungry!  After I came home from the grocery store I was so hungry and Lily's Teddy Grahams were right there in front of me and I was feeding some to Chloe, so I had to have some too.  Then the bag of chips I was putting away was so easily accessible that I had to pop it open and start munching on them.  After a few handfuls of chips I tore myself away and forced myself not to eat anything else until after I ate my lunch.  I made my shake right away and then felt better after I ate it.  Not full mind you, but I didn't feel like I had to shove everything within arms reach into my mouth to satisfy my tummy rumblings. 

Shortly after lunch I was hungry again.  I ate around noon and by 2pm I felt like I was starving again!  I wasn't even doing anything that required a lot of energy.  I was sitting on the couch doing some crochet for the first time in almost a year.  And I was quite enjoying myself but for some reason or other my stomach rumblings intensified rather quickly.  I ate a Greek yogurt and was still very hungry.  What gives?  Why am I so incredibly hungry today?  I am open to any ideas, do any of you get days where you just seem to be hungry all the time? 

My one crowning achievement today is that after my earlier splurge on teddy grahams and bbq chips, I got right back on track.  It would have been so easy to just throw in the towel and say "well I blew it, I guess it doesn't matter what I eat the rest of the day, may as well just have a bad day and get back on track tomorrow".  But I didn't!  I said "I am going to get right back on track because I have Zumba tonight and I have to reach my goal in one week, therefore I will not eat any candy, cookies, popcorn, or other various foods today and eat healthy the rest of the day".  And I did!  After my splurge at lunch time I only had the Greek Yogurt for snack and for dinner I ate a nice healthy meal of Taryiaki Tofu Stir Fry (a Weight Watchers Recipe)


It is super easy.  In a stir fry skillet, spritz with oil, add tofu, edamame, red onion, garlic, snow peas, and taryiaki sauce.  Cook and serve over rice.  For those of you who like having a recipe to cook from here is the official weight watchers recipe:
1 spray(s) cooking spray
0
1/8 tsp minced garlic or to taste
0
1/2 small uncooked red onion(s) thinly sliced
0
1/2 cup(s) snow peas
0
3 oz firm tofu cubed
2
1/4 cup(s) edamame (shelled) cooked
1
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
1
1/2 cup(s) cooked brown rice
3





Instructions


Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add onion and snow peas; sauté until crisp-tender. Add tofu; sauté until browned and vegetables are tender. Add cooked edamame and teriyaki sauce; cook until heated through and serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment