Sunday, December 8, 2013

Success!

This morning I woke up to a friendly sight on the scale: 154.3!  Yahoo!  Now only 4.3 pounds to go to hit my goal of 150 before the New Year!  I figure I dropped about 2 pounds last week since my weight was artificially high from Thanksgiving.  I feel like I have really gotten into the groove of this challenge.  At the beginning I needed to go through post-thanksgiving rehab and I was floundering with drinking just the shakes and not having some more substantial food, but now the shakes actually do a pretty good job of keeping me full and I have a better idea of what to eat and when I need to eat.  I love to put PB2 into my shakes, this afternoon I put PB2 into my cookies and cream shake and it tasted just like a peanut butter cookie!  Yum Yum, I loved it.  I usually only put PB2 in my afternoon shake since the morning shake is made with the protein drink mix and is more flavorful than the afternoon shake, and the morning shake has more calories in it already.

This morning, I ate 1/2 cup old fashioned oats with my morning shake since we had church from 10-12(noon) and I wasn't going to be getting a snack once we left, so I made sure I had more of a filling lunch.  This week was Stake Conference, so church was only 2 hours long instead of the usual three.  I am not sure how I am going to work in my lunch shake next week when we go back to regular hours (11am-2pm) Possibly the worst hours ever to have church, right through all three lunch hours!  Thankfully the year is coming to a close and starting the first week of January, we will have church at 1pm.  Much better, we can go right after lunch (and fall asleep! haha j/k).  But 1pm is still difficult since that is my standard energy slump time.  My favorite time for church is 9am-12noon because I don't usually get tired in the mornings and you can go right after breakfast and eat lunch as soon as you get home.  But! There are just lots of Mormons who live in my area so we have three wards meeting in our one building.

For dinner I didn't have anything planned in particular so I threw together some breakfast burritos. My one fajita sized tortilla was 110 calories, and I ate about one medium sized potato worth of hash browns, two eggs and about 2 oz of steak and 1/2 oz cheddar cheese.  I thought I did pretty good, but I didn't realize how many carbohydrates were in potatoes!  Not to mention the carbs that were in my tortilla..... oops.  Oh well, live and learn I guess, not an unhealthy meal but not one that I am supposed to be having on my challenge since I am supposed to be minimizing my carbohydrate intake at dinner-time.

Tomorrow is grocery day!  That means fresh fruit and new food!  I love grocery day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment