Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 3 Revelations

Today was much better than the previous two days and the reason why is because I decided to check out my caloric intake and play around with My Fitness Pal.  I have to say, My Fitness Pal is AWESOME!  It has all the features of Weight Watchers online except better because it has every food under the sun!  It even had my herbalife formula 1 and protein drink mix and personalized protein powder in its database!  That is impressive.  I am switching right away, there really is no need for me to spend money on weight watchers anymore.  Although I do like the weekly points allowance with weight watchers.  Anyway, I realized today the reason why I felt so hungry the last two days.  Granted my stomach was shrinking back from being so stuffed from Thanksgiving splurges, but the reason why I was so hungry is because I was only getting about 1,100 calories in a day!  Although I was going over my points my calories remained very low because points go up with the amount of protein in a food.  Because the protein content of the herbalife products is high, my points were pretty high.  However, there are only about 200 calories in one Herbalife shake.  I add a cup 1% milk to it and that makes my breakfast 310 calories and my lunch is only 240 calories (since I add the protein powder instead of the protein drink mix).
Protein Drink Mix
https://www.goherbalife.com/runklerobert/en-US


So I spent this morning figuring out My Fitness Pal and I decided that since I was still really hungry after my morning shake that I would add three servings of All Whites egg whites which is only 75 calories and 15 grams of protein.  That made me feel much better.  I was also worried about my milk supply being too low from not eating enough calories the last two days.  I added a snack at 10:30 of 1tbsp Peanut butter on one slice of 100% whole wheat bread for a total of 190 calories and 8g protein.  For the first time since I started (which is only two days ago) I feel content with my food intake.
Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix
https://www.goherbalife.com/runklerobert/en-US


Lunch consists of my Herbalife shake (formula 1=90 calories milk=100 calories and protein = 40 calories) for a total of 240 calories and 17g of protein.  I also added a salad flavored with balsamic vinegar so I didn't spend calories on salad dressing.  That was approx. 50 calories.

My snack at 3:00pm was a Chobani Greek Yogurt (130 calories and 13g protein) along with a banana (105 calories and 1g protein)

I was supposed to make Thai Ground Beef Cabbage Wraps tonight but Matt decided that he wanted Pizza last night instead of Chicken so I have to eat the rest of the left over chicken before I can make something new.  That is fine with me, it means that I don't have to cook again tonight!  Woo Hoo!  So you will get a new recipe tomorrow.  The plan was to increase my chicken to 6oz instead of 4oz because I needed the extra protein and calories to hit my caloric goal of 1,500. (43g protein and 231 calories) I also added some frozen  mixed vegetables with a tsp of olive oil and seasoned with Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub from The Pampered Chef, and I added 10 Asparagus Spears with 2 tsp olive oil and some garlic and herb rub from The Pampered Chef which made for a very filling dinner since I didn't eat all my veggies for snack today. 

However, Matt came home early from class due to the snow, and he wanted dinner, and so instead of eating half the chicken and feeding the rest to the kids, I gave Matt half the chicken and split the rest between me and Chloe, I am not sure how many ounces I eventually ate but it wasn't anywhere near 6, probably more along the line of 3.  So my dinner was smaller than I anticipated but I was actually feeling pretty good since I ate a lot more food throughout the day than I had the past few days.

On a side note: I am really glad that I can eat peanut butter again!  It is so high in points that I wasn't eating it when I was just focusing on points because I don't like to use too many weekly points and I could never fit it into my daily target.

No comments:

Post a Comment