Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 22nd Weigh In

This is the reason why I should not weigh myself every day.  This morning I was 152.3, which wasn't what I was hoping for, but better than the 153.5 that I have been coming in at for the past few days.  So now I need to break my scale addiction.  I hate not knowing where I am at on a day by day basis when I am trying to lose weight (as opposed to when I am not being good then I don't want to weight myself because I don't want to see the consequences of what I have done). 

One and a half weeks to lose just over 2 pounds.  Can I do it?  I am not sure, I have only been losing about a pound a week.  It is so hard to lose during the holidays when there is yummy food and treats everywhere.  For instance just as I was writing this a member from my church came over and dropped off cookies and fudge!  Talk about ironic! Then there is the popcorn from Patsey's.  That is absolutely to die for, popcorn is one of my weaknesses.  I absolutely love popcorn and it is so hard to resist the caramel and cheesy popcorn that we get around the holidays.  Today I have already eaten several mini Hershy's chocolates as well as some popcorn, fudge and a mini cookie.  Not starting off too well.  But the good thing is that I am not going to be exposed to sweets again until Wednesday (so I say now but I am sure I will get surprised on Monday and Tuesday, just you wait and see)

Well at least there is something healthy for dinner: Lemon Chicken and broccoli.  I do think that it could do with a little more flavor, maybe add a little more garlic, lemon zest and juice.  Make the flavor a bit stronger, taste better.  It comes in at a whopping 4 points plus per serving!  Woo hoo
www.weightwatchers.com



Ingredients

2 Tbsp all purpose flour   

1/2 tsp table salt, divided   

1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground   
 
12 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), thinly sliced   

2 tsp olive oil   

1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth, divided   

2 tsp minced garlic   
 
2 1/2 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, small florets   

2 tsp lemon zest, or more to taste*   

2 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped   

1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice   
Instructions
  • On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
  • Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
  • Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
  • In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
  • Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment