Wednesday, May 21, 2014

13,282 steps

I'm titling this post with the number of steps I took today because I realized something this afternoon.  One of the many reasons why I get so tired in the afternoon is because (besides the kids getting up at all hours of the night) I am incredibly active during the morning!  We wake up between 6-7am and I have to make breakfast for four different people, and then get the kids changed and dressed for the day including hair and teeth brushing, and then it is time for Turbo Fire, 45 minutes of intense cardio exercise!  And then it's shower, and getting dressed all the while making sure that Chloe doesn't trash my room and the kids are not fighting.  After that it depends on how the day is set up, either I will take the kids to the park (weather permitting) or put on a movie and get my work done on the computer.  Usually the latter because if I don't get my work done in the morning most of the time it doesn't get done.  Then it is time for Chloe to nap somewhere in all of that, and of course lunch follows and running around with the kids, going grocery shopping etc etc etc..... And by the time we get back home around 1-2:00 I am so tired from the first half of the day that I just crash!  It's no wonder why I am always so much tired than Matt.  I used to get upset that he could get up at 5am, work all day and go to bed at 10:30 and not get tired, but he isn't moving much.  Just sitting on the computer or driving in the car.  Me?  I'm running around chasing kids all day, cleaning, cooking, and of course getting up countless times at night taking care of the kids.  Don't believe me?  (I'm sure you do, especially if you are a mom) Check out my sleep tracker:
That was from Monday, just two days ago.  Every pink line is when one of the kids got up and I had to go get them.  You can easily tell at the top: 7 times!  Monday was Chloe, Chloe got up seven times that night!  And the light blue lines is me trying to fall back asleep afterwards. 

How about this one:
I have Lily to thank for this night. Nice bold pink stripe right down the middle of my night.  Lily had some nightmare about a bug that bit her hand (probably due to the fact that a few days ago she was playing in an anthill and one of the ants bit her hand). 

So anyway, my fitbit has basically confirmed what I was pretty suspicious of before: I don't really sleep well at night. 

Okay, now I'm done ranting.  Here are some fun things that happened today:
My 310 shakes came in!  I got a chocolate and vanilla flavor, the shakes come out to $2.20 per shake, it's $64 for 28 servings which isn't too bad considering that the popular Shakeology by Beachbody is $129 per 30 servings! 
I love that you get to make a foo foo drink for breakfast (I made a pina colada drink this morning with coconut milk, vanilla shake mix, and pineapple!) and then the other shake is just plain and it's a snack instead of a whole meal!  I love that you don't have to replace two meals a day. 

Also, here is Chloe chowing down on the cookies I made the other day:
She is so cute! 

We are going to be gone for Memorial Day weekend and I won't have internet access so I won't be posting again until maybe Monday.  Have a great weekend!

Gratitude Journal
Today I am thankful for all of the hard work I have put in up to this point.  I am thankful that I decided to change my life and now I can play with Lily at the park (we went to the park today, just the two of us) and I can run around and be much more active with her.  I don't spend enough time enjoying my victories as I am always looking towards the next step lamenting the fact that I haven't arrived.  I know I will get there in time and I am thankful that I have not given up, and that I did not give up months ago.  My hard work is paying off.


No comments:

Post a Comment