Friday, May 9, 2014

Staying on track

Today was a stressful day.  It didn't seem like more happened than usual today, I just felt like I was on a shorter fuse.  I was pretty tired today from Lily waking up around 4am and deciding that she needed to sleep in our bed and then Chloe was making noise starting at 6am.  I did manage to do Turbo Fire but I don't think I will be doing it tomorrow as I have to leave pretty early in the morning to head up to the Temple for the primary temple tour which starts at 10am, and it takes just over an hour to get there.  So I think I will be concentrating more on getting myself and the kids ready.

Anyway, I loved using my blender to make a green smoothie for lunch.  Tiffany from the feel great in 8 challenge has an amazing recipe for a green smoothie here.  It was awesome!  I shuffled around my planned menu today and had to figure out how to fit all my servings of everything in again.  I didn't eat eggs for breakfast like I planned and just had oatmeal, and then I didn't have a sandwich for lunch, I had the green smoothie.  So I ended up with lots of fruit and veggies and only 2 out of 4 servings of protein.  Drats, today is the first day I didn't get all of my points.  I will have to be more diligent.   Dinner tonight was mac and cheese with veggies.

In the afternoon I decided that I had to get out of the house so I went on a surprise trip to focus on the family and let the kids run around.  We only stayed about an hour and that seemed to be enough for the kids.  I'm glad I went and let them get some of their energy out and get out some of their cabin fever.  We haven't gone anywhere for a few days.  Getting out of the house in the next few days is going to be nice.

I have been doing well on this challenge and I have noticed that I have said no to several things that I would normally just pop into my mouth without really thinking about it.  I am making sure that I don't eat any more treats this week since I have already had my two items off of the bad list.  Just tomorrow left though because Sunday is a free day for Mother's Day!

Gratitude Journal
Today was tough to think of something I was grateful for because I was pretty crabby all day, but I am grateful for this feel great in 8 challenge.  It is keeping me on track, and keeping me motivated to make healthy choices.  It is getting my sugar consumption under control and I am treating desserts as they should be treated: as a treat instead of as an every day meal!  I have enjoyed reading all the members posts on the group and finding more friends on my fitness pal to cheer me on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment