Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 2

Today is week 2 of the challenge.  Last week I only lost 10 points so I am excited to see where I am in the standing.  Scores don't have to be submitted until Wednesday so we probably won't know our rank until Thursday.  Last night I spent about an hour making my new detailed food plan for this week.  Everything that I am going to eat including snacks, and how many servings of fruit, fiber, protein and vegetables I will be getting so that I can make sure I am hitting my goals in each area.  It's really the only way that I can be sure to hit the mark every day.  On the menu this week are some new Green Smoothies to try, some shrimp pasta, Mexican chicken chili, and  a few stir frys!  This week has a great line up of food and I am excited for Thursday to see the standings.

I am going back to weekly weigh ins now that I am not doing weight lifting anymore and with cardio you really can see a change on the scale and especially combined with my good eating habits from the challenge, I have high hopes.  Yesterday I weighed in at 149.3!  Back under 150 and this time for good.  I lost a total of 2.4 pounds last week! (taking the start at 151.7 not at the inflated weight of 153 from the bad weekend)  That is spot on if I want to reach my goal of 130 by July 12th for the family photos. 

Here is the cutest photo of Chloe that we took at my parent's house yesterday
Gratitude Journal
I am thankful for the winter storm that passed through this weekend.  The snow has effectively cleaned the air of pollen and the hives on my neck have gone down.  This has been a bad allergy year and for the first time I have hives that broke out on my neck and my neck muscles have been constricted.  Crazy!  I am hoping that the sudden coldness will make the rest of the season better than the first part and I am thankful that for now my allergies have backed off, and hope that the hives will disappear completely soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment