Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 1

So today I was up at 153.  I'm not surprised and I'm not upset.  I know the last three days were not great to say the least, and I know that my weight will go back down fairly quickly.  I think I am going to weigh in every other day or so and if it starts affecting my mood then I am going to back off to once a week.  I really want to win this challenge and I cannot afford any days where I fly off the bandwagon because of a disappointing weigh in.  Today is day 1 of Feel great in 8 and it is day 1 of Turbo Fire.  I love turbo fire!  It is kickboxing based, and high energy and still a little dancy.  Coming from doing Zumba so much, it is perfect for me.  I love it!  I finished my workout today and was sad that it was over haha!  Now that is a workout I can live with!  It is definitely high intense and I was struggling with cramps for most of it.  Probably because of how poorly I ate the last few days. 

Source
I stuck to the plan I made almost perfectly.  The only differences that I made was adding half a banana to my oatmeal instead of half a cup of berries.  I also nixed the tbsp of brown sugar that I usually put in my oatmeal since the challenge is about making healthier choices and adding extra sugar, while it may not count as a treat, just seemed wrong.  I want to make sure I am being fair and honest and I still intend to win :-)
I even drank all my water today and then some!  I downed two out of three bottles of water before lunch and then finished the last one somewhere around 3.  I used one of my two treats this evening on a diet Pepsi.  I plan on saving my other treat for Thursday when we have our church activity.  They usually have good stuff there.  And if there isn't anything there to spend my treat on, then I get to have it another time!  Also we got an email today and we get a free day on Mother's Day!  So we just take the average of the week for each category and use that.  I am going to still try to get in all of my points by eating fiber, protein, fruit, and veggies, but I'm not going to have to be penalized for having extra treats.

So for today, the only thing I have left to do is to write in a gratitude journal which I figured I could just do on my blog.  So here it goes:

Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for my husband who works all day and all night at two jobs and goes to school in order to earn enough money to provide for the family.  Because he tirelessly works away we get to live in this wonderful house, we have internet, cell phones, health insurance, heat, water, food, and all other necessities of life.  I am thankful that he was able to get a new higher paying job last year when we needed it the most and now I can go to Costco without worrying we won't be able to afford the things I am buying (such as diapers and lunch meat and vegetables, and fruit). (This being on my mind because I went to Costco this morning!)  So Thank You Matt for all the hard work that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment