Friday, July 24, 2015

Large, Medium, Small

So I've come to the conclusion that you crave the things that you eat.  Having cut out every single processed food, along with wheat, sugar, beans, rice and the works I find that lately the things that I really want to eat are meat, vegetables, fats like avocado (guacamole!) coconut, almond butter, and fruit.  Well, I actually haven't had any cravings for fruit which is nice.  But today I made molasses cookies with the kids as the banana bread is now gone and Matt will be coming home tonight lamenting the fact that all the sweet things are gone.  It was also a fun activity to do with the kids.  But I wasn't even tempted to eat the cookie dough, or the cookies.  Not a bit.  I was surprised.  I looked at the cookie dough, the kids were eating it, and I thought "yeah, that doesn't look too good.  I don't want to eat that".  I was surprised at myself!  I'm usually face first in the cookie dough.  Maybe I'm getting better at resisting the urge to eat while baking since this is the third thing I've made... although I doubt it.  I genuinely didn't want any.  It was still a little hard to remember not to lick my fingers just because it is such a habit to do but I am getting better at that as well. 

Another thing I want to mention is how my meals tend to go.  We are always told that we should eat a large breakfast, medium size lunch, and a small dinner.  I never, NEVER could do that before.  If I ate a large breakfast I just overate the whole day because I was always hungry.  If I tried to eat a small dinner I would just go back for seconds because I was so hungry.  It never worked for me.  Especially with calorie counting.  I couldn't say "ok so that is 500 calories for breakfast, 400 for lunch and 300 for dinner."  It just didn't work that way.  Besides, my dinners were usually higher in calories just based on our culture.  However, I have found myself over the past several days eating that way.  I will typically get up and eat a rather large breakfast.  (three eggs with potatoes and other veggies plus a fruit and some sort of fat like avocado, macadamia nuts, or coconut oil).  Then for lunch I will eat a smaller portion, for lunch.  Today I had one chicken sausage with some vegetables and one tbsp almond butter to dip my fresh baby carrots and sugar snap peas in.  For dinner I had leftover tex mex casserole with some guacamole and salsa and a little bit of brussels sprouts/ butternut squash because it really needed to be eaten.  I am using the lunch plates still and I am still staying satisfied until my next meal.  Even when working out I haven't felt the need to add an extra snack most of the time.

I love the freedom with making your own meals.  On the beachbody cleanse I was looking into you have to make the food that they have planned out for you and that is not easy for me to do.  It always seems like they make the most random foods and you have to buy pork and beef and chicken and fish all in the same week and my grocery bill is super high, and there are no leftovers.  I live on leftovers!  I love them because it means I don't have to cook.

Day 14 is done, tomorrow starts official week 3

No comments:

Post a Comment