Friday, July 17, 2015

One Week Down

Last day of the first week!  I made it one week through.  Today was pretty good.  I felt much better in Zumba today than I have all week.  I had more energy and I burned about 75 more calories than I usually do in the 55 minutes of Zumba class (burned about 525 calories and I normally burn about 450).  I did get tired today but I had my friend who just finished her whole 30 come over with her kids and we talked for a while and the kids played.  She lost 9.4 pounds during her whole 30!  She brought me over some passion fruit flavored sparkling mineral water and that was pretty good.  Nothing like my beloved diet pepsi but not bad.  She helped stave off the exhaustion, and then very soon after she left my mom came by to get her nails done.  By the time I was done with that it was time for dinner (5:30) and I didn't get hungry at all in between lunch and dinner and I even cut back on my lunch food.  For dinner I ate the rest of my dinner from last night and I'm not hungry at all.  I am however, pretty tired. 

Tomorrow I have to get up around 5:45 am because Matt and I are going mountain biking and we are headed up to a place called Buffalo Creek which is a bit of a drive.  He has to be back home and showered by 1:00 so he can make his 2:00 appointment.  I'm going to make a sausage and potato scramble tonight for breakfast tomorrow.  I'll add in some nuts on the side or some avocado for fat and that will be good.  The potatoes will give me the extra energy I need for biking.  I'm also going to bring a Larabar for after biking in case I get hungry.  We are dropping the kids off at the sitter at 6:30am and we will be picking them up at 12:30.  I want to be prepared. 

Another thing I want to investigate using more is coconut butter.  I thought it was like a peanut butter or an almond butter but it acts differently than those (it's sold next to the peanut butter).  It is more like regular butter, but not quite an oil.  I found this interesting comparison of coconut oil vs coconut butter HERE  

Tomorrow starts week 2, and some of the hardest days on the program are ahead of me.  Day 10 is my birthday and days 10 and 11 are supposed to be the hardest on the program, but I'm not doing anything on my actual birthday, Matt is working all day.  I am thinking of taking the kids to the aquarium.  Something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment