Friday, August 7, 2015

High School Reunion

Today had many ups and downs. The morning started out well enough, but come 9am I decided to return the sink faucet before Zumba class, which turned out to be a mistake because it took a lot longer than I thought it would take, so I ended up missing class. Then the grocery store was right next to the plumbing store so I had to run in and grab a few things, which of course needed to be refrigerated and so I ended up going back home and skipping the gym all together. I was pretty tired anyway from being up late last night. I failed in my attempts not to analyze myself in front of the mirror before I got into the shower this morning. I started feeling depressed about everything and thinking that nothing has really changed and I haven't lost any weight and this has all been for naught. Even though these self sabotaging thoughts were running through my head I still managed to stay on plan. Although it was a bit more difficult around lunch time due to my mood and the fact that Costco no longer sells my Whole 30 compliant apple chicken sausage. They still have the same brand but the switched the type of sausage for one that has Swiss cheese in it, so of course it is out regardless of whether or not it contains sugar. I ended up opening up a can of chicken and mixing in some coconut cream with onions and having that as my protein with vegetables on the side. After muscling my way through lunch I spent some time with my flute and enjoyed playing. I'm getting better and better the more I practice and it is getting kind of exciting. I used to be quite good (way back in high school) and I am enjoying being able to play the songs that I have been working on better and at a quicker tempo and with fewer mistakes. My tone is improving too, but I still have a lot of work to do in that area. For dinner I grilled some Mahi Mahi with Southwestern Seasoning from Pampered Chef and olive oil. I made broccoli on the side. Matt said he really liked the dinner which is always a good thing. After dinner we went to my 10 year high school reunion! It was great because it was at the park and the kids could play. They had two events, one tonight at the park and one tomorrow at a restaurant. I'm not going tomorrow, It sounds like people are going to be playing pool and drinking a lot and I don't drink alcohol. Period. So I figured it wasn't really my thing. But the event tonight was great. The kids loved playing at the park and Matt was able to come so he played with the kids quite a bit while I visited. Lily loved playing with all the other kids that were there. This was definitely the family event. There was a lot of ice cream and the kids ate some but I refrained. I was asked many many times if I wanted ice cream but I just kept saying no thanks. Besides, it was mostly melted anyway. The coolers they kept it in did not keep the ice cream cold and it had been sitting in the coolers for several hours before the event and it was hot today. I was able to see several old friends and even found some that were living here that I would like to re-establish contact with. None of my very best friends I used to hang out with showed up, and there were a lot of people I didn't know (I wasn't exactly popular in high school) but we all had a great time. I sent Matt and Chloe home early because Matt had gone directly to the park from work and was pretty tired and hadn't eaten yet, and Chloe was getting really tired. Lily and I stayed until the sun went down and it started raining. We were some of the last people there. I found a couple people I had missed during the event that I was talking to. One was a good friend from band and I wish I had more time to talk to him. I only got to talk to him about 5 minutes before I had to fetch Lily from the rain and by the time I got back he was engrossed in a conversation with someone else, so I ended up talking to another less known friend but that was good to chat with her for a bit. Of course I didn't take any pictures, typical of me. But I am happy that I was able to see some people, and hopefully re-establish some old friendships. Two more days of Whole 30. Weigh in day is looming and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I am having a hard time telling anything with my clothes. It seems like my size 8 pants fit a little better but they are still quite tight. They don't hurt when I wear them but they aren't exactly comfortable. My size 10 pants I can't seem to make any use of them because they are tight when I put them on right after they get washed and then by the next day they are falling down. I don't know what to think about all that. I just hope that I am around 145, that is what I really wanted. To get back within my healthy weight range (at the very least). Tomorrow I am going to get my eyebrows waxed and she hasn't seen me since before I started, so it will be interesting to see if she has anything to say. I'm not going to bring it up or ask how I look.

No comments:

Post a Comment