Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Last Week

I can't believe I am here on the last week of the 30 day plan.  I am on day 23 and I feel like I am doing well.  I still have some pretty strong sugar and snack cravings.  I still feel like I could eat a while cake (especially right now) since sugar cravings have absolutely nothing to do with actually being full.  Right now I feel like I could eat and eat and eat and eat sugary foods.  I wonder if I will ever be free from this feeling.  Maybe by the time I finish 90 days of the program I will not feel the urge to devour a whole batch of cookies.  I know that giving in doesn't help.  I've been giving in for a year and the cravings and urges haven't lessened one bit.  I have gained no control by giving in, therefore the only thing I can think of doing is to not give in and hope that helps.  I certainly don't want to spend the rest of my life fighting sugar cravings and feeling depressed because I chose not to eat something sweet and then hating myself because I chose to eat something.

This is the time of the program where people start analyzing themselves in the mirror trying to decide if they have lost weight, and if certain body parts look smaller than they remember them being.  I am doing that really badly.  Their advice is to avoid the mirror as much as possible and to stop looking at yourself.  Instead think about how you feel and focus on more important things.  I wouldn't say that I'm bursting with energy.  I do think that my energy levels are a bit more stable than before.  I used to cycle through energy every few days.  I would have a ton of energy for a few days and then no energy, then lots of energy for a week an then no energy for two weeks.  It seems that has leveled out a bit, the highs are not quite so high and the lows aren't quite so low.  I still get tired in the afternoon, and I wonder if that is something I will just have to live with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment