Monday, March 17, 2014

Allergy Season

Half way through March and my allergies have hit me head on.  Despite my throbbing head and various other uncomfortable symptoms (I shall spare you the details) I was very inspired to exercise this morning.  Before I settled into my morning routine of working for an hour and then doing my exercise, I was surprised with an e-mail from Majesco!  I had e-mailed them a few weeks ago not really expecting to get a response just thanking them for making the Zumba games that I love so much and that have helped me so much over the past year and I told them about my story.  They e-mailed me back today and said my story was inspiring and they wanted to share it on their site!  I was super excited about that and as a result ended up doing an hour of Zumba after my weight lifting today because I was so energized and excited!  I really do love the Zumba games (much more actually than the DVDs) and I love that I can customize my own workout every time and change it up so it never gets boring! 

I think my two favorite songs are Taki Country and Lift Ya Leg Up, but I love almost every song on the game (Suavemente, Caipirinha, Zumba, I'm Sexy and I Know It, Roll Wid Di Don, Paris, etc etc etc).
In the end I burned around 700 calories!  Good thing too because I need to burn off all the thunder thigh cake I consumed yesterday. 

So Majesco is awesome!  They made me feel special and they were so nice to me.  It was SOOO much better than my Beachbody experience.  Can you believe beachbody sold me a DVD that didn't work in my DVD player and they didn't include the resistance band that came with my order!  After I contacted them about it the second time (the first time they said they would send it but never did)  they only sent me the resistance band and I had to contact them a THIRD time!  Finally they sent me a DVD that worked properly, and that was almost two months after I made my original purchase.

Anyway, Matt is at school tonight and we have tons of leftover mac and cheese from Matt's requested birthday dinner.  I didn't want to eat the mac and cheese since it is in no way shape or form healthy and I already splurged yesterday.  So I made myself a veggie stuffed baked potato:

Now THAT'S what I call a stuffed baked potato

I "baked" the potato in the microwave for 5 minutes and then added some steak we had in the freezer (4 oz) and I opened up the fridge and just started pulling out left over veggies we hadn't eaten yet.  This has Bok Choy, carrots, green beans, and a green onion.  I poured on tsp of olive oil on top of the veggies and added some Asian Seasoning Mix from The Pampered Chef and heated up the veggies for one minute in the microwave.  I didn't exactly measure how much I put on my potato but my guess would be about a cup and a half of veggies!  There is no way I would have made myself something like that before I started this journey.  I would have had left over mac and cheese or pulled out a frozen pizza from the freezer (by the way I never have frozen pizza in the freezer anymore).  The whole thing came out to be only 559 calories calculated through My Fitness Pal and it was super filling. (Almost all of those calories came from the potato and steak)  I even drank 50 oz of water today!  (granted that is still less than I am supposed to be drinking but compare it to my typical 20 oz and that is amazing!)

I finished off the day eating 1,502 calories.  I am happy with how today went, now to keep it up all week!  One day at a time.

Here are a few cute pictures of me and Chloe :)



I couldn't decide which one was better so you got both.

No comments:

Post a Comment