Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tired

Today was the last day of my 7-day week and tomorrow is my rest day.  I was a good girl today and actually did the yoga portion of my program.  I've been skipping it because I am not a big fan of yoga, but after talking with my mom about it, I have decided not to skip it any more and see if I feel better after doing it.  Today after completing the cardio section and the yoga section, I just felt tired.  I am glad that tomorrow is a rest day, I feel like I need a day to rest, although how restful tomorrow will be I am not so sure.  No rest for the weary with these kids! 

So today was also the third day of my streak of doing my hair and makeup every day.  I have to say I am proud of myself for that.  I like the way I look when I do my hair and my makeup, I have never really cared about it before and so I always went around with no makeup and unkempt hair (or it was pulled back into a ponytail).  I keep my makeup simple, and now that my hair is short and layered it doesn't take too long to do.  I am trying to incorporate it into my routine so that way it just becomes habit and a part of the routine.  My typical morning goes something like this: get up, make breakfast for everyone, kids get to play or watch a movie while I do an hour of work, Chloe takes a nap around 9:30 and I exercise from 9:30-10:30 and then Lily plays the ipad while I shower and get dressed and I am usually done by 11am.  Depending on when Chloe decides to take a nap this could vary by thirty minutes to an hour.  So it is a flexible routine but I am glad to say we actually have some sort of a routine now.  The afternoon is still up for grabs.  I usually try to take the kids somewhere like to the park if the weather is nice, or if we need to go run errands we will do that.  We eat dinner around 5pm and then the evening I give my full attention to the kids until they go to bed at 7-7:30.  Depending on when Lily finally falls asleep (anywhere between 7:45-9:00pm depending on how tired she is and if she gets out of bed much and how stubborn she is being) I will either go to bed or I will get to hang out with Matt (if he is home). 

Usually in the evening I am too tired to to much of anything.  I always feel so exhausted in the evening and I feel like I shouldn't be so incredibly tired.  Yes, I am much more active now than I was when I was heavier, but tonight at 8pm I was lying down in bed with Lily (she almost never falls asleep unless you lye down with her) and I almost fell asleep myself !  I didn't get out of there until about 8:35 because I was drifting off to sleep, and I stayed long after she had fallen asleep.  I probably shouldn't complain too much, afterall I have been able to be much more active, and have a lot more energy for the kids during the day, but I was wondering out loud with Matt if I will be less tired in the evening after I finish losing all this weight.  He said that it would probably help. 

Two pounds away from entering into my healthy weight range (I will max out the bmi chart for the healthy weight range and have a bmi of 24.9). 

No comments:

Post a Comment