Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Weigh In

Working hard all week has paid off.  I have been making sure to log everything into My Fitness Pal food tracker, including exercise and food.  I have been consistently eating around 1200-1300 calories a day.  Today my weight was 148.4!
Sorry for the blurry picture, next time I will just take the picture closer to the scale instead of using the zoom function on my phone. 

This morning I made Banana Quinoa Waffles for breakfast as we like to have a little bit fancier of a breakfast on Sundays.  I put all the ingredients into My Fitness Pal and it broke down to be about 116 calories per waffle.  I ate three and made sure not to go overboard on syrup or whipped cream.  2 tbsp organic pure maple syrup (yes we splurge on the good stuff.  It's totally worth it because it doesn't have any high fructose corn syrup or added sugar or corn syrup).  So 2 tbsp maple syrup is 100 calories, which is a lot of calories but I love how much flavor it adds to pancakes and waffles.  Adding in about 30 calories for whipped cream and you get 480 calories for breakfast, which is a lot for breakfast I admit, so I will make sure that the rest of the day is a little bit lighter on the calories.  I think I will make a smoothie for lunch with almond milk (1 cup is 60 calories) one scoop of Herbal Life meal replacement shake mix, a tbsp chia seeds, half a scoop of Cryo-Sport protein powder.  Maybe I'll add some strawberries or some PB2 for flavor, we will have to see how I feel.

Dinner is Mexican Crock Pot Chicken.  I found this recipe off of www.sparkrecipes.com
It's really simple
2-3 chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans (undrained)
1 can mexican style chili beans (undrained)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can black olives
1 can chopped green chilies
Put chicken in bottom of crock pot, add the remainder of ingredients in the order they are listed.
Cook on low 7-8 hours, shred chicken.  Serve with tortilla chips or on a tortilla.  You could do corn tortillas or rice or quinoa, or just eat it plain to save the calories.  The basic recipe serves 6 people and there are 248 calories per serving.

Add some non fat Greek yogurt for snacks and the day is complete!  Staying on track, I am 3.4 pounds away from entering into my healthy weight range!

No comments:

Post a Comment